Over time the neck pads are on the car seat have become dingy plus they’re boring. So why not redo them? These only cushion the straps against the collarbone and do not reduce the safety of the car seat. These are the same size and thickness of the original ones.
- 4 cuts of woven fabric measuring 7″ x 5.5″
- 4 cuts of bra foam measuring 7″ x 5.5″
- A Leather or Microtex needle
- Sewing Machine
- Two 3″ cuts of hook and loop tape aka velcro
- Stack 2 pieces of woven fabrics, right sides together, on top of 2 layers of cut foam
- Pin or clip pieces together
- Using a 1/2″ seam allowance, stitch around all 4 layers. Important: Leave a small opening for flipping.
- Clip your corners to reduce the bulk
- Flip your woven pieces so the wrong sides are together with the foam sandwiched in the middle
- Push out your corners. I used a wooden skewer
- Press (Not necessary but I iron every single thing while I am sewing)
- Topstitch around the entire rectangle using 1/8″ seam allowance
- Measure 3/4″ from each short side and sew on the velcro. One side for the hook and one side for the loops.
Easy breezy lemon squeezy. New car seat strap pads!
We would love to see your scrap makes! Enter to win an Art Gallery Scrap Pack.